Friday, September 25, 2015

Paneer Burji Quesadilla / Paneer Crumble Quesadilla




I recently had a friend over for lunch who just wanted to just hang out with me catching up on gossip and things. When I asked her what I can cook for her, she said  as usual, " don't worry, we can order some sandwiches!". I had some paneer that I bought from Indian store recently and I thought making a grilled paneer sandwich. But, Once my friend was here, we were busy chatting and completely forgot about the grilling part.

I ended up making a paneer burji and put it inside a flour tortilla and made it as a quesadilla. I served with some curried carrot and butter nut squash soup. My friend said the food was " out of the world". I made the same for my kids after school snack and they loved it. My daughter who does not eat cheese, ate a whole quesadilla with out any squeak!


It is so easy to put together and you can try this and see.


Get Ready


  • Store brought paneer 3/4 pack, crumbled with hands. ( use a food processor if you have one)
  • 1/2 white onion very finely chopped
  • Lots of cilantro, i did not measure it
  • 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
  • 1/2 tsp cumin powder
  • 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
  • finely chopped green chillies ( optional)
  • Grated ginger ( optional)
  • Mission Flour tortillas medium sized
  • olive oil to to cook the quesadillas

Go:

  • In a bowl add the crumbled paneer, chopped onions, cilantro, all masalas and salt. combine them all well and set aside.


  • Take a tortilla, spoon the mixture on one side of the tortilla. fold the tortilla over.

  • You can cook them immediately or assemble them, cover with a damp cloth and refrigerate.
  • In a  hot skillet, add a little oil and place the folded tortilla. Cook till golden and flip the other side.
  • Cook till golden on both sides.


  • Cut into any shape you want and serve with ketchup, sour cream or even a mint chutney
Variation

I used the same filling inside  bread and made them as bread rolls for he kids. Cut the edges of the bread out. With the rolling pin, roll the bread nice and flat. Spoon the paneer burji filling inside. Roll the bread tight and apply a little water to the edge and press down. Apply some butter on the bread and cook a tawa, seam side down first till golden and crispy.


Add caption



A perfect school lunch, after school snack or quick week night dinner. if you don't have tortillas, one can also use left over chapathi's.

Try this out and tell me if you and your family likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For stopping by! Your comments are very valuable, so please leave your two cents!